A little OT: bonding polyethylene sheeting?

This is OT here but considering the depth of the participation here this was the best place I could think of to get an accurate answer.

I need to bond polyethylene tarps together, they would overlap and joined at their faces.

What adhesive would be suitable for this?

To be more specific, these are the silver tarps that Harbor Freight sells.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Burke

Jeff Burke wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Have you tried using a low-temperature soldering iron?

"Hot Glue" may also work.

Reply to
Eregon

No adhesive will work very well. What will work is welding them. They have a machine that feeds sheet stock between heat rollers and that does the trick.

Another option is a big commercial sewing machine and then some silicone on the seam.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf