A36 Steel Beam deflection

That might work, too. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Construction adhesives are your friends, and should be used quite liberally and between all layers of structure, subfloor and finished floor, even if you don't *have* to.

Especially important if you are building a wood-framed house and you don't want the floors to squeak and drive you nuts every time someone walks around.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I have a US Steel handbook from 1954 which I use as my guide for weights and sizes. Of course it refers to A7 steel instead of A36 but not much else has changed

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:es5mi.21$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Reply to
Tony

I think I used six full tubes of liquid nail when I built the floors of a portable double wide workshop about 15 years ago. It was two 8' *

20' modules built on a frame of 2" * 12" on 6" centers, with a double header on the long sides. It was sitting on more pads than a mobile home 20 feet away, yet it sank a couple inches into the ground. Luckily, it was three full concrete blocks off the pads. Even though it was built for electronics, I ended up overloading it so bad that I warped the floors. I left home for a few months to build the Ch 58 TV station in Destin, and was only home a few hours each weekend. Several times I'd find parts i needed, only to have to take everything to get the few parts I needed. By the time the TV station was complete I couldn't even get past the door. (Luckily, it opened OUT!) ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell