Abrasive Blast Media Selection

I've been Googling all morning, but can't seem to find a good guide to abrasive blast media. Does anyone know of a good resource?

For example, over at Eastwood they have a lot of different abrasives to use when blasting

But I'm not sure which to use and when.

Thanks,

John P.

Reply to
John P.

Basically hardness of the media equates to agressivnessness of the blasting.

Bob May

and size of the granule. i get different effects on my glass depending upon size and hardness of blasting material, and air pressure.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Go to

and search on "grit". You'll get a brief description of what each of the various media are used for.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Aluminium oxide is nice and as long as it's used at a lower psi you can re-use it dozens of times. The blast shop I worked for only used three different "sands" Aluminium oxide, Glass bead and walnut shell for "cast parts" and to clean without a profile.

Reply to
HotRod

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Don.

And thanks to all for the comments.

John

Reply to
John P.