Advice needed on flushing hydraulic oil

I've got a surface grinder the boss just bought and was planning on draining what I could and then flushing lines with mineral spirits. Wonder about the pump and getting it clean and the proper way to go about this. My Vickers book had nothing to say and I figured some genius on this board would know all about it Ken

Reply to
clannorm

I am not an expert, but my first thought would be to use ATF. It ought to work nearly as well as mineral spirits for cleaning.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Just leave it alone--really no sense in stirring up shit.

Go ahead and change any filters, but suggest don't "fix it" unless it's actually broken.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I agree. And have done exactly this.

Gunner