Inverter welder

I have been reading some sites to get info on how inverter welding works.It seems to be the same as switching type power supplies.Are there any units that you can use 1/8 in.rods and still use a 120 V.circuit?

Reply to
Time Traveler

According to Ernie, the Miller Maxstar can run rods no other welder can run on a 120v circuit. I don't know if that includes 1/8", but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply to
Andrew H. Wakefield

The Miller Maxstar 150 is designed to run 1/8" 7018 and 6010 from a 110 v circuit. It will run them better on a 220 v circuit, but it can do it on 110. It is the only small inverter that can run 6010.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Gentlemen,thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Time Traveler

I have the Miller Dynasty 200 stick/TIG machine. I have it hooked up to 220 V. It would just require a different ciruit breaker and some heavier wire to run it on 120V, however, the max current would be limited to about 150A if you use 120V.

1/8" rod at 125 amps is no problem.

Bruce

Time Traveler wrote:

Reply to
lehmann

I put in an order for the Miller Maxstar 150S.This is the plain stick welder.Should arrive sometime next week.Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Time Traveler