Advice on truck

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000 miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids around.

Reply to
stryped

sounds to expensive. Go to Edmunds.com and research the value.

Reply to
CalifBill

In the interest of confession, I'm a Chevrolet man. However..... I'd want to buy a Swap Sheet, or Auto Trader, and see what others are asking. Probably cost you three bucks. NADA blue book may also have online look up.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's the exact truck I use for my daily driver. Nice vehicle. I'd want more than 7K for mine.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Anything more than a baseline "stripper" is worth more than 7 grand unless it's been beat on pretty bad.

Reply to
clare

2 minutes of research on ebay say it's a good deal if it's in nice shape.

search f150 ford 2006 crew

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

I am getting close to buying it. It is gray which is not my favorite color but the price is right.

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think? I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

Reply to
stryped

How well will you take care of it, how much can you repair?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

If that were local to me, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug!

I bought my current Ford truck with 192K miles on it, for $4500. Now at 223K (?) and still runs like new.

Reply to
RBnDFW

If you don't mind an older truck, I'd hold out for something cheaper. I paid $4200 for a 12 year old F250 with 79K, no problems and not a speck of rust.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins scrawled the following:

How many times will you guys continue to respond to this known troll? Dayam!

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

He's going to haul his family around with it - finding GOOD older trucks at a reasonable cost in about 75% of North America is like finding a needle in a haystack. Either they've had the snot driven out of them by some kid, they've had the tail worked off of them or beat to heck as a working truck, they've been abused and neglected, or they've rusted away.

Reply to
clare

And yet they are available if you can afford to be patient. I found mine here in coastal Maine, which is about as bad as it gets for road salt and rust.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Does he remind you of anyone you know, someone you help out but don't lend tools to?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:39:03 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins scrawled the following:

Thankfully, I know noone like him.

-- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques