Air compressor continuous run?

If Tom does a bleed down time he will have a baseline to check if leaks are larger or smaller over time.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

We have a couple of G-D's in the 50 - 75 hp range. We only have 40,000+ on them. Glad to know they will be still be there after I retire.

I worked at a place that ran 2 75 hp Ingersol-Rand air cubes for 23 or so years. Biggest issue was with cracked reed valves every 4 or so years but that was generally a quick fix if you had done it before. The tip was the intercooler pressure being up above 20 sumpthing psi iirc. It has been a while.

Why is it that air compressors, boilers and switch gear tend to get shoehorned into the same area?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

To the OP, i saw some decent screw compressors (40 and 100 HP) sell for 750, and 1,000 dollars respectively. I think that both were LeRoi's. They had about 20k hours on them.

Ignoramus28555

...cause the architect wrote "Utilities" on that part of the plans? They don't have to work on the stuff. Being close to the switchgear keeps the wiring to the motors short, but being near the boiler sure won't help anything.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

If a single 7.5 HP is enough air compressor most of the time, I doubt that a 40HP screw is going to cut Tom's power bill, Iggy. He'll do much better getting the leaks fixed.

Reply to
Ecnerwal