Air Compressor Distribution Manifold?

I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi)
The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air
lines and connectors.
Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a
½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out
of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy.
__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Reply to
Barry S.
What, they don't sell plumbing fittings where you live? :-)
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
See McMaster-Carr pp.178-179
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Yeah, like Grant said, just plumb it--and no need for brass or copper, just black fittings.
They also make 1/2 x 1/4 T's, which are nice for this, and proly 1/2 x 3/8 as well. You could "start" the manifold w/ a 1/2" "cross"--a T w/ a 4th opening. Put female quick disconnects (HD) on each outlet--mebbe a ball valve or two. -- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll
Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®
That looks like a good place to start.. Thank you.
__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Reply to
Barry S.
They absolutely do! It just seemed like more trouble to get a bunch of Tee's and then reduce them down with bushings, but I might do that too.
__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Reply to
Barry S.
He wants a brass block with a bunch of NPT threaded holes. Not a bushel basket of tees, nipples, and adapters.
You could certainly make one yourself. Brass stock from Enco, tap/drill from the auto parts store, if you're not already so equipped.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
This is the way I would go . One cross , two reducers and then the female fittings . Easy cheap and compact . If looks are the goal get it all gold plated ;-) . Luck Ken Cutt
Reply to
Ken Cutt
Hey Barry,
Anyplace that sells any kind of air tools or equipment will have something like what you want, except that the 1/2" is more than normal. Have a quick peek at :
I have this style with more than the number of ports shown, but you could easily just join two together (end to end) to have more. then just drill and tap two out to what you want (the 1/2 and the 3/8), or go with bushings in the 1/4 ports.
The use of individual pieces of black or galvanized suggested by some others will turn this "less than 5 bucks" gadget into 20 bucks really quickly, as this stuff that used to be so cheap is now getting to be a few bucks per each fitting, and as much as 5 for a cross.
Take care. Good luck
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
Reply to
Brian Lawson
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:02:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Barry S. quickly quoth:
get you close to what you seek. The hardware or plumbing supply store will complete the size changes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, *
longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts
Reply to
Larry Jaques
This is the one i see most of the contractors using
Barry S. wrote: > I have a 2 stage wheelbarrow (gas) compressor. (15 CFM @ 175 psi) > The air outlet is 3/8". I presently have it reduced down for 1/4" air > lines and connectors. > > Does anyone make a manifold that takes a compressor output and has a > ½", 3/8", and a couple of 1/4" outlets? I could probably make one out > of copper tubing, but it seems like something I should be able to buy. > > > __________________ > Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Reply to
RoyJ
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:34:39 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Larry Jaques quickly quoth:
I also see another manifold at HF which looks drillable for sizes:

-- As a curmudgeon, I grok that in its entirety. --LJ
Reply to
Larry Jaques
I make my own out of aluminum. Using drops of 1.5" x 1" (or around that size) by 6" long, I drll a hole down the center, tap both ends, add either a plug or gauge to one end..then drill and tap a series of holes in line with the hole down the center, add a couple holes on each end for mounting and voila..a decent manifold made out of scrap stock
Gunner
Gunner
I made all my own from 1.5x 1" aluminum bar stock. I drilled lengthwise, tapped both ends, drilled and tapped the various ports in the middle and so forth.
A very easy and rather fun project and you can make em anyway you wish.
Round, square rectangular etc.
Gunner
"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams
Reply to
Gunner
Probably like this one:
sdb