air compressor dog house

You could try smaller motor pulleys if you don't need the full recovery speed.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That would lower the frequency of the vibration. if you just happened to hit a resonance with the stock speed, this would help, but you might also lower the frequency to a resonance, and make it much worse. The rated speed for my 2 Hp Quincy is either 900 or 1000 RPM, depending on the date of the document. So, the fundamental frequency is 15 or 16.7 Hz. But, since it is a 2-cyl tandem, most of the vibration is probably due to each cylinder pushing on the air, so that is likely 30 or 33 Hz. Really BAD frequency for house-size walls, I think.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I have a very old 3-stage Atlas-Copco rated for 427 PSI on a 10HP motor. I only run it up to 150 PSI and have swapped in a 5HP motor. Shop is unheated. Below about 15F, I have to turn a propane salamander on it for 10 or 15 minutes to get it to start.

I kinda wish I'd gone the dog house route as it's noisy enough that I put on muffs when it running.

Reply to
Mike Spencer

I've got a 2 stage 5HP Leroi-Dresser in an open front shed attached to the back of my garage. Been there more than 20 yrs. but it's NC and the winters are not usually bad cold. I can't figure out why your wife would have a problem with this?

Reply to
Garrett Fulton