Air Cylinder Help Needed

I managed to come up with what I thought would be a good air cylinder to mount on my 4x6 import horizontal saw to replace the spring. It is a Norgen
N76025/125. Which I cannot find any documentation on. I think this is all metric, as the 125 is the approximate stroke length in mm and the bore is probably the 25. The problem lies in the ports. They are about the same as 1/8 NPT, but the thread pitch is much finer and they are not tapered. Any ideas what I am looking at here?
Grady wrote:

Very likely metric. Google Norgen and it might help. Often, searching for Company part# finds what you want. Might not be current.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn
"lionslair at consolidated dot net" <"lionslair at consolidated dot net"> wrote in > Grady wrote:

If that fails, SMC will have a fitting. The trouble will be finding the right one.
http://www.smcusa.com/sections/products/fittings_tubings.asp
--

Dan

Will check SMC. I am trying to find info now on metric pipe threads with no taper.

Been there, done that. Google is my friend, but came up blank. I check the Norgren site for Europe and the part number has to be an older series number. Will keep looking.
"lionslair at consolidated dot net" <"lionslair at consolidated dot net"> wrote in message

ISO R1/8
--
Anthony

Grady wrote:

1/8 BSP
I've checked in a Norgren catalogue, but the part numbers don't quite line up with what you have. You appear to be correct with the diameter & stroke designations, but the prefix doesn't match anything in my catalogue. My suspicion is that the ports are 1/8 BSP. For details of BSP threads, look here http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/british-pipe-threads-16_754.html
Tom

Norgen
as
bsp is the metric standard
Thanks for the link. That is the conclusion that I had reached, and I receieved a response from Norgren stating it was obsolete and was in fact G1/8. Which, if I am correct, is BSPP, 1/8, 28 TPI with a major diameter of .383 . Got to see if I can machine me a fitting with a shoulder for a small oring.

it is metric these are a british straight thread type o-ring
you can find these at your local parker fitting store or from
applied industrial or mcmaster
a G-3 I think
you can also safely tap it with a 1/8 npt for your purposes
I was wondering about just tapping it with a 1/8 NPT tap, if there would be a good seal since the NPT tap is tapered and the BSPP is parallel.

for your application it would be safe , use a good liquid pneumatic hydraulic sealant