Air drops - many metal pieces

That some of you would be interested in this;

On topic as there are many metal pieces in the pictures Reminds me of my brother who went to examine a surplus Jeep he was going to bid on. He didn't bid.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

Thanks Bill.

(tummy still sore from laughing)

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R

Enjoy

Reply to
Al Dykes

I had to watch it twice because I was laughing too hard to see the last part the first time.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Your tax dollars at work. I like the two that break off the pallet and just keep rolling. Geez, get the Hell out of the way. JR Dweller in te cellar

Reply to
JR North

I new a guy in Fort Worth - one of the genuine deal maker types - he bought a rail road car full of Tenn. Ball clay - cornered the market - but had to move it out of the car in 3 days. He had a car. Lots of work...

Then he spotted the rail yard sale. They auctioned un-labeled cars to get rid of the stuff and get the car back into use. He bid - sight un-seen on a flat car with 'cargo'.

I think it only had 8 combat ready Jeeps. Radios and all the stuff for war.

The F.B.I. showed up - got the radios off and let the rest go. Even the 50 cal's. :-) Those were the days - zero waiting days. Buy and carry.

A number of ranches around there got brand new Jeeps and the deal maker went on to the next with a deeper money bag.

Martin

Thought the movie - was classic. Likely had a congressman there or a general to view.... :-)

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Jeff R wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

of the stuff

That's an inspirational story. Thanks Martin, it was so nice to read. I am surprised though, since the railroad did not own the cargo, it was government property, right? If the FBI learned about it, how could they let the sale through?

Ignoramus19383

The same thing on truck lines - if the box doesn't have a label - it goes into a room. When the room fills - time to empty.

If no ownership paper - label - packet - is on the outside - no stencil of the name or ... it is a dead item. Can't go this way or that. So they sell it.

They pay or someone pays insurance or nothing.

When a special label is on - something akin to Red ball - the box that has a bad address or smeared label - gets put on another truck to somewhere - has to keep moving. The truck company has a bar code on the box and tracks it so when data is presented - the box gets there.

My brother-in-law (former) - was lost freight manager - pool tables....to cases of condoms. Everything is shipped by truck -

If shipping by truck - put labels on several sides and in the box. Best to put a large plastic sheet over the address label - so it won't get rubbed or watered - and smears the address.

And - !!! - remove old labels !!

I had two computers shipping from Dallas to Georgia - going to Augusta the Co-op there. The trip took an extra day as the computers (large desks and all) returned to Dallas since the boss didn't mark off his labels from the plant!

Such is life.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Ignoramus19383 wrote:

of the stuff

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn