3200 rpm bearings?

Hi,

I'm still looking at caster wheels. I found quite a variet of wheels wide enough at hamiltoncaster.com, wide enough and with roller bearings. From my previous topic, I'm encouraged that I could probably balance a caster wheel too.

However, they're caster wheels; they don't need to list specs in rpms; no one will do more than push machinery or heavy doors on them at very low speeds. So they don't list those specs.

Are there quality levels in roller bearings? Will these wheels handle 3200 fpm (1 fpm ~ 1 rpm for a 4" wheel; so more like 1000 rpm for the 12" diameter wheel. I need a 4" and a 12")?? I need to know.

Specifically, these three wheels, actually:

?UID=2006043001254635&item=1-2305-R&catname=wheelsor
?UID=2006043001254635&item=1-1768&catname=wheels I need an 8" and a 12" wheel as the main wheel, with rubber. The 8" wheels seem to have 1" ID roller bearings; the 12" wheel has lighter

3/4" ID roller bearings. The 4" has 1/2" ID roller bearings. The 4" wheel would be for the tracking wheel and also for one of two wheels for a platen attachment.

If the bearings in the 4" wheel is too light duty or couldn't handle the rpms I can easily make my own from aluminum rod stock I already own. Quality bearings alone are as expensive as that wheel, but no more, so making my own would be no problem.

If none of the bearings in any of those wheels will work for 3200 fpm (1000-1600rpm for 8" and 12" wheels), it won't be as easy for me to make those wheels myself. I don't have stock that large and can't buy it cheaply, and attaching rubber is just extra work. Will it be hard to push the bearings out of these wheels to then replace with higher qualiter bearings?

thanks for the advice! -Bernard Arnest

Reply to
Bernard Arnest

Can you guess if castors should turn at 3200 rpms? For a 4" wheel... isn't that just under 40 mph?

or

Eide