Air tools

Funny you say that, I've had VERY similar thoughts!

Reply to
Dennis

Careful , you're about to get Mr. Young on your case ... I wonder if he's one of Brigham's descendents ? BTW , I claim license to bash Mormons , grew up as one , know the culture intimately , and don't have much use for 'em as a group . FWIW , there are some I can get along with , as long as they don't promote their lifestyle . Chris falls into that category .

Reply to
Snag

Greetings fellow apostate Son of Perdition!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Not particularly antagonistic , just don't want to hear it - from any religion . You have your beliefs and I have mine . That's what this country is all about , isn't it ?

Reply to
Snag

The compressor will fill the tank to some pressure above the nominal

90 PSIG usually specified for air tools. When you operate the tool, a regulator limits delivery pressure to 90 PSIG.

If the capacity of the compressor is greater than the consumption of the tool, then the compressor will cycle on and off, always maintaining the tank at well above 90 PSIG. Single-stage compressors typically switch on if tank pressure falls below about 105 to 110 PSIG and switch off at about 125 PSIG.

If its delivery capacity is less, then the delivery pressure will be

90 PSIG until the tank pressure drops to slightly above that; then it will start to fall. The air tool will operate normally until that point and then start to slow down and/or lose power. How long this takes depends upon the size of the tank, and upon the difference between delivery rate and consumption rate.
Reply to
Don Foreman

I'm in Memphis Tennessee ... moved here in 1982 from Brigham City Utah . You're free to preach to anyone you want to . I'm free to walk away and/or ignore you .

Reply to
Snag

O.K. This was a 3/8" chuck capacity drill with 1200 RPM free speed. Yes, if it were geared for slower speed, it would have more torque. But compared to my 3/8" capacity electric drill, the stall torque is a lot kinder. (Unlike universal (brush-type) electric motors, the torque does not increase at slower speeds with the air motors. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

You may benefit from reading something, for example first amendment.

``Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof''

This is the same as separaton of church and state.

Ignoramus32694

I'd compare that 1/2 inch air drill to a hefty 3/8 electic as far as it's slap factor is concerned. Nowhere near the 1/2" Makita though!!!!!!!

Reply to
clare

To much pressure - some lock up. Can't recycle. The volume is vary low.

I've run for a time on a hand bottle and even those fancy compressed bottles from Lowe's.

Finish nailer, crown stapler, roof coil nailer, lots of metal working tools under air.

Mart> Air tools are a new thing to me. At this point all I own is a brad

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

RK:

Nice information on that page. Now if we could only see the test results before purchasing. BTW, I hazily recall there is a SEM question on that other group if you haven't been there in awhile.

Regards,

EH

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Then you stop and let the compressor refill the reservoir enough so the regulator works.

Neither, if you just quit and let things catch up when pressure downstream of the regulator drops below 90 PSIG.

No.

It'll work just fine if you just stop to let it catch up when reservoir pressure drops to below what the regulator can regulate.

Reply to
Don Foreman