Almost done !

When I re-made the deck on my high-wheeler I used stainless steel. Works a treat, but mowing on a sunny day REQUIRES wearing sun glasses!!!!

Reply to
clare

Gunner Asch on Sun, 17 May 2015 12:37:35 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Good idea. I've a Toro which is suffering serious mower deck rot. Along with a few other problems. Heck, I';ve got almost $30 in it, not sure if I want to keep up the effort. (it was a found mower given me by a friend. He now wishes he had kept it.)

pyotr filipivich

What? And lose the "bling" factor and the Stevie Wonder look?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'll put up with the glare - I'm supposed to wear sun protection anyeay (cataracts)

Reply to
clare

Just let it get dusty and don't bother washing it off works too, but I hate putting it away dirty.

Reply to
clare

The mower I just used is a deck from a 22" unit that junior dragged home afterit suffered a bent crank due to eithe a large rock or concrete step plus a serious infection by the "eye-dee-ten- tea"mechanic virus and the motor from a dumpster dive by second son that developed independent suspension. No, Clare, I still haven't motorized the stainless deck you provided; I'm still looking for a bag unit to fit the self propelled power unit destined for it, I may end up going bagless.

Reply to
geraldrmiller

Good to see you still have plans for it Gerry. Did I have the blue Bolton engine on my hi-wheeler when you were up or did I still have the little old Briggs on it???

I'll be rebuilding a little Deere rider this summer - Kawasaki engine that the crankcase bolts backed out of, causing the base gasket to allow oil to escape all over the place.

Reply to
clare

Huh?

Bagless is much better for the lawn. And letting the grass get longer is better, too. It uses less water. Mulch the cut stuff and it disappears into the long grass instantly, so the wifey is OK with it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

IIRC it was the B&S

Reply to
geraldrmiller

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

"eye-dee-ten-

And again: "Huh"?

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

"Garrett Fulton"

IDIOT

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Got it. Thanks.

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

Much easier to understand this way - I D 10 T take out the sapces and you have ID10T

Reply to
clare

I-D-10-T =IDIOT

Reply to