Anti-snow-stick Spray

I would like to hibernate, too.

Ignoramus27303

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news:iicvk5$397$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Guys with plow trucks may not want a black plow for visibility reasons. Others may not want to blacken that nice junk aluminum shovel. I know one guy that has a large end loader and he treats his bucket with parafin. He puts it in a regular spray gun with a large nozzel, heats the can with a torch to liquify the parafin then sprays it on the bucket. He swears by it.....YMMV phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Silicone spray. Boot waterproof spray or the old oven non-stick spray both work if you don't have silicone lub spray on hand. Usually good for several weeks per application.

Reply to
clare

BoeShield - but it's pricy.

Reply to
clare

Will generally thow significantly farther to the right than the left due to the direction of rotation of the impeller - if it follows the chute instead of trying to change direction, particularly wetter and heavier snow goes a lot farther.

Reply to
clare

If my 4 HP blower could not throw relatively dry snow twice that far I'd get rid of it. The stuff that fell/blew in from Texas last night was going at least 20 feet this afternoon.

Reply to
clare

Whatever you use, it needs to be highly water resistant.

Reply to
clare

"wiarton Willie"

Reply to
clare

I said at least 10', the drier the snow the easier it is to throw further.

Reply to
Pete C.

I would say it throws it about 8 feet or so in the good direction, and less in the other. I would like to understand a little better, what exactly is going on. Could it be that the original motor had higher RPMs?

Ignoramus27303

Wax is wax. You could melt a block of paraffin and pour it on the shovel and it'd lubricate it.

If I was going the "bowling wax" route, I'd either look for carnauba, jojoba, or whichever was cheapest.

Turtle wax should be fine; it holds up on a car, after all. :-)

BTW, is this a bent shovel? I used one once, and I swear by it, rather than at it! ;-)

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't forget to do the auger!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

What's a "Yo-Ho" shovel? I just went and looked at "shovels" at McM, and none was called a "Yo-Ho." What's up with that?

If I ever move back to the Frozen Tundra again, I'm buying a bent shovel. :-) (or a snowblower, or just hire a crew, depending on the amount of my lottery winnings! ;-) )

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hell, just dip a paper towel in some transmission fluid and slather it on! Even used will work, if you strain out the metal bits. ;-)

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Turtle wax? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Must be that damn Denialist Propaganda! :-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Then wax the snow, too. I ended up putting my car wax, NuCar polymer, on my DISH antenna back in the day. It helped shed the snow purt well.

-- Woe be to him that reads but one book. -- George Herbert

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I keep trying to hibernate too, but I keep waking up needing to pee.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It would be nice if you could reach Florida with it. :)

John

Reply to
John

I don't know what machine you have, but all the "normal" snow blowers are usually operated with the engine at it's 3,600 RPM top speed.

Reply to
Pete C.