Someone sent me a Suzuki engine

I received a heavy fedex shipment today. Inside was a used, but nice looking 4 cylinder strange Suzuki engine. I say strange because there is no obvious place where crankshaft comes out. Looks like there is a gearbox attached on the side with a big sprocket. I wonder what is the engine for.

I did not order it from anyone. The engine was NOT too well packed and one cover broke a little bit. Oil was obviously not drained from the engine.

There was no return address.

The engine is Suzuki R737-115840.

Very odd. I had a similar misadventure before, when I sent two items to wrong people. I paid them to ship the items to one another and then gave each $10 extra.

I hope that someone contacts me within a month or so. Perhaps I will know who it is if I do not receive something that I paid for. Which I never remember too well.

Odd.

Ignoramus21085

Check the auctions of the ebay sellers that you've bought from lately. I had a seller send me a box of electronics by mistake. I had bought some ICs from him a few days earlier.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

The plot thickens.

I found the label on the package, with my address handwritten and no return address. I called Fedex. The woman on the phone found the tracking number and said that, strangely, there is no return address.

My current hypothesis is that this motor was shipped from an unrelated party to an unrelated party and the shipment broke and it fell out. Finally somehow someone at that facility mistakenly decided that it was destined to go to me and that's how I got it.

I will wait a month for someone to contact me, but I am not holding my breath. If no one does, I will dispose of this motor.

I have looked it over. It is missing some minor parts. It is a sidemount motor, it hangs from the side of something. There are no bottom mounts. It also has a sprocket. It's as though it was for driving a pump or a hydraulic system or some such.

i \

Reply to
Ignoramus21085

What, no pictures? :) :) :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I now think that perhaps it is a motor from a badass motorcycle...

Here are the photos:

Ignoramus21085

Almost certainly a motorcycle engine. Can't think offhand of anything else Suzuki builds with a chain drive. Wish someone would ship me one out of the blue. I'd feel obligated to do something with it, like build a killer gokart. (figuratively, but perhaps literally...)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

that would be a free time killer gokart:)

I will write all my ebay sellers from whom I have not yet received stuff, but that should be barely 1-2 people.

Ignoramus21085

Looks like a street motorcycle engine.

Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

Yup, motorcycle engine. The top center picture shows a shifter shaft coming out under the sprocket. Nice looking engine, but I'm not up on Suzuki street bikes.

I bet somebody's wondering where it is.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

Yep... I am going to start looking from whom I have not yet received stuff... will write them... As I said earlier, the tracking number from fedex was a "dead end" and had no return address in their database.

Ignoramus21085

On a friend's suggestion, I also checked ebay completed items. No sight of that engine. WTF

Ignoramus21085

Perhaps it is full of drugs or some other contraband, and the thugs are simply waiting to make sure the police have not tracked the shipment. If so, they will be contacting you soon!

Reply to
ATP*

There are no unaccounted for ebay items that I won, except for the carbonator pump that I won yesterday and one more small item from IL. Could not be that. I wrote to several sellers who were supposed to send me stuff.

Ignoramus21085

that's OK... my life is weird without drugs

Ignoramus21085

That engines looks like serious $. You'd think Fedex would show more concern.

Reply to
AL

The fedex woman could not give a shit and I felt like she wanted me to stop bothering them. I have no need to pester them. If they want the engine, they can ask me. I told them that I received what I never expected, she knows all she needs to know.

I doubt that fedex actually wants to deal with a used motorcycle engine that they damaged in transit (one aluminim cover broke).

If I had a square wave tig welder, I could weld it back... it is not load bearing. But as of now, I only have a DC welder.

Ignoramus21085

Search ebay completed auctions for something that looks like it?

Reply to
cs_posting

I already did, at my friend's suggestion. Check out my first post in this thread, there are model numbers etc. I looked them up and could not find anything. Maybe you would have better luck.

It is a 2.8L inline 4 cylinder engine.

Ignoramus21085

My guess would be that the engine was damaged in an accident while still attached to a bike, hence the reason for removing it from the bike...

Reply to
Jon Grimm

Search ebay completed auctions for something that looks like it? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I already did, at my friend's suggestion. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ How about checking other items listed by the same seller for people you have dealt with recently?

BTW, I admire your diligence in attempting to do the right thing, even though there is nothing in it for you, and a free engine if you do nothing.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman