Someone sent me a Suzuki engine

Definitely a Bike engine.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I seriously doubt it is 2.8 liters. Looks like more like an 1100 oe there-abouts.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I do not think so. It looked like a case of shipping damage.

Ignoramus21085

I dunno, I never even rode a motorcycle. I thought that I saw number

2,200 or 2,800 cc someplace on it, but I can no longer find it.
Reply to
Ignoramus21085

I found a headline about this engine, looks like it was made after

2000.

Engine Technology Jun, 2000 vol.2 no.3

  • JSAE Paper Number: 20019136

  • Title: Newly Designed R737 Engine for SUZUKI GSX-R750

  • Subtitle:

-

  • Author(s):

-

  • Main 20 Categories: Automotive General Power Unit Research & Development
  • Language: Japanese
  • Origin: Engine Technology
  • Issue Date: Jun, 2000
  • Size: A4
  • Abstract: Data not available. For viewing the abstract, please check the following page.
  • How to order: This paper is not avalable at JSAE On-demand Library, Sorry.
Reply to
Ignoramus21085

Where did you get the idea that it was a 2.8L engine? I definately looks like a 4-cyl DOHC water-cooled motorcycle engine. I can't imagine it could be as big as 2.8L!

It looks very much like ebay item # 4585158817

or 4582183736 (recently completed)

I didn't see a recently completed auction for an engine that looks exactly like the one you got, but from looking at what is there I'd say it apprears to be a recent 750 or maybe 1000 cc engine for maybe a GSXR or similar bike.

Must be an interesting wierd story that caused it to get sent to you.

Reply to
xray

I think that I am wrong, I saw some number on the engine and misinterpreted it.

close, but not exactly.

Yes, looks similar, but I have some hoses on my engine which that one does not have. The seller seems to be an unpleasant person.

Yes. I saw some headline "Newly Designed R737 Engine for SUZUKI GSX-R750".

Yes. I think that one unrelated person sent it to another unrelated person. The engine fell out in transit. At a sorting location, they somehow mixed it up and decided that I was the recipient. What bothers me is that it probably means that something sent to me, is missing.

Ignoramus21085

Yep, I think you figured out what it is. I still don't see any recently completed auctions with pictures that exactly match the one you have.

Looks like similar engines went for around $1K or more.

Somebody must be unhappy.

Reply to
xray

Could be more than one person. The motor was packed poorly.

I can make more pictures.

I will look (and am checking more auctions), but if in two weeks or so the owner does not materialize, I wil sell it on ebay. I will charge at least $50 for crating. It needs to go in a plywood box.

Ignoramus21085

Is there any way you can track it from the engine number? I mean, perhaps you could call Suzuki and they could give you the serial number of the bike to which it was fitted, then from that you might be able to find the bike's registration number and owner? A lot of work, but worth a thought.

I bought some lifting slings recently and the guy sent me more than I ordered. I was tempted just to forget about it and keep them, but I felt a bit bad so I contacted the guy and told him about the mistake. He said he had no idea what happened but that I could keep them. At least I felt guilt-free that way.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Very thoughtful of you, Chris! Refreshing in today's environment to find honest people.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Maybe that is the oil reservoir capacity...

Reply to
Stephen Young

I will call Suzuki and ask. Why not. Good idea. I kind of doubt that they would say anything though.

Ignoramus3242

Well, if it was originally sold through eBay then there's a good chance the seller/buyer will see it listed and contact you, especially if you put in the eBay listing how you got it. If it wasn't sold via eBay to begin with (and that's quite possible...there are bike parts wholesalers out there), then someone will buy it and that will be that. Sounds sort of perfect to me...

As for the calling Suzuki part, even if they do give you a VIN that the bike went to, I'm not sure how you're gonna find out much more about it. It's not like there's a single database anywhere of who owns what VIN. Well, not that the public has access to, anyway.

--Donnie

Reply to
Donnie Barnes

Except for dealing with some dumbass who thinks that I am selling his engine that I stole. But well, I did not steal it and I would have enough proof, so his anger would be his problem.

You know, it never hurts to call and ask. If it does not work, too bad. But at least I would have tried.

Ignoramus3242

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:57:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus21085 quickly quoth:

No biker I know would have shitlacquered the thing like that. It came from a bad junkyard or used car lot. Besides, it's a water-cooled engine. Not a Samurai and probably not a scoot...or is it?

That looks like the starter and flywheel in the 06 pic but the 05 pic definitely has a sprocket. 02 looks to have a shifter shaft sticking out the bottom left, under the sprocket, so it may well be a transverse-mounted, 4-cylinder, water-cooled bike motor. That'd make the damned thing VERY heavy. Velly Intelesting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life is full of little surprises. * Comprehensive Website Development --Pandora *

Larry Jaques

I have the opposite opinion, especially after browsing completed suzuki engine auction last night. I was quite disappointed to see that sellers could not even spell correctly or provide good pictures, many had rather bad feedback too.

No dealer or someone who ships professionally would package this engine that poorly. It came from some bonehead individual person.

Yes. I called Suzuki and they gave me some other number in california to call. It's too early to call them.

Ignoramus3242

OK, I'll give you $100 for it plus shipping. I've always wanted to build a D Sports Racer. You can keep the drugs.

- - Rex Burkheimer WM Automotive Fort Worth TX

Ignoramus21085 wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

Cool. Remember that this engine has been somewhat damaged. Anyway, I will call Suzuki to see if I can track down its owner based on the engine number. Then 2 weeks wait and I may list it on ebay. I also wonder about legal issues.

Ignoramus3242

Yes, that is how much motor oil you are supposed to put in it.

Reply to
JWho