Anti-snow-stick Spray

Sure, but that's TEXAS snow. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

20 years ago I bought a couple $5 snow shovels. Now the blades are worn back to the ribs and the handles have broken at the socket and been reinstalled twice but the shovels are still usable. Of course I also have the 8 Tecumseh ponies to help clear my eight car driveway and a puddle hunting area of the yard for puppy as well as three or six neighbours as required. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller

I don't have any experience with snow due to where I live. Is a "military snowblower" really a snowblower or is this in jest to call it a snow shovel.

But from a curious person what constitutes a "military snowblower".

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

It is a big heavy Bolens snowblower. It was an unwise purchase.

Ignoramus27303

Johnsons paste floor wax works fine.

Wes

Wes

Make sure you get a glide wax instead of a kick wax ;)

Reply to
Wes

It sounds like it isn't set up correctly. What engine does it have on it? Most of the older blowers can blow snow at least 10-15 feet.

The blower I have on my tractor will throw snow 40+ feet. Even this heavy crap goes over 20 feet.

The old Sno-Bird in the garage will throw it about 10 feet but it's a SLOW machine.

Reply to
Steve W.

I can't see the snow Iggy is dealing with from here, nor his snowblower, but it does indeed sound like something isn't right on the snowblower that may be a simple fix. Certainly in my 34 years in the frozen northeast I used an old Ariens 7hp snowblower without issues and later upgraded to a larger 11hp version when the old one got too temperamental maintenance wise.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:iicvbv $2ea$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Briefly, for both applications. It gets wiped off fairly quickly. As does WD-40.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Assuming the engine is running properly and the belts are in decent shape... the next thing to look at is the "paddles" in the second stage. Some of the second-stages are parallel to the main auger and use plastic or rubber "paddles" to eject the snow... others are perpendicular to the main auger and usually have steel "arms" on a disk. The rubber ones wear down until the clearance is too big to throw fluffy snow... the metal ones get mangled when you auger in a chunk of ice (or wood or foot). I use graphite "Slip-Cote" on the chute, augers, housing, etc.

Reply to
David Courtney

"army surplus" with ugly green paint.

Reply to
clare

Would be a real pain if you loaded it up with Klister!!!!!

Reply to
clare