What are the most common deseases of a metallurgist?

Hi I'm a college student and i need to know what are the most common deseases of a metallurgist. Please i need help for this work, thanks in
advance.
Carlos2005 wrote:

They often die young. Through asking stupid questions of older metallurgists who are suffering from IBS*.
--
Chris H,
He's predictable, but that's to be expected.

The most common disease of a metallurgist is metal mites.
-

I am not a metallurgist though........ I find that breathing Silicon dust is especially irritating.

Gold fever can be devastating.
kc

Alcoholism

Being a wise ass!
Diamond Jim,
A good metallurgist can look into the steel blue eyes of a platinum blond and instantly tell if he is looking at virgin metal or common ore.
Metallurgists get "red lung" from inhaling too much iron oxide dust. Some get "white lung" from all the alumina used during polishing samples. (The latter should not be confused with those metallurgists who snort white dust from a table.) Fingerprints can be worn down quite a bit from holding samples that are very small during polishing processing. Chronic complaining often occurs due to the lack of participation by metallurgists in the material selection process (usually done by mechanical/electrical designers). This leads to frequent shaking of the head from left to right causing sore muscles.

Atlas Shrugged wrote:

No metallurgist has ever been infected by a STD.

-
I would find reports such as: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/pdfs/96-133.pdf Occupation Mortality in Washington State 1950 - 1989
and go by occupations. E.g. smelter, nuclear, etc.