Any difference?

Checking the Chysler brochures..it could be a Runner 85 or a Bass Runner

115.

It does have a center console, and bass seats for and aft, with a pretty big bait well in it. At least one baitwell....shrug.

No idea about the years. It is that Chrysler Blue though..with a big round Chrysler logo on a plate on the sides of the hull.

Ill need to check it out better...shrug

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Damn, you did well. 16' open is all the boat I've ever dreamed of owning.

WEs

Wes

Mine are aluminum, and have roller wheels on them, or maybe just vinyl. Definitely not wood. The bunks cost more than the rest of the trailer. The guy must have gotten them free or cheap.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I don't usually jack up the boat. If it's a minor thing I'll just run down to Mittry Lake and do my trailer repairs while the boat is floating at the dock. If it requires major tools I can't throw in the truck (hasn't happened yet) I'd just take one of my fishing buddies and tell him to go fishing while I go back to the shop with the trailer.

Well, I probably should take back that first part. I do have one aluminum boat sitting on the floor in the shop and the trailer sitting outside, but that's to make it easier to get in and out of the boat while I am welding it back together.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Standard foraging - With the economy in the bilge and boats a non-critical expense that is the first to be tossed overboard... ;-) there are a lot of abandoned and repossessed boats around, and some of them will have outboard motors on them.

If the marina repossessed the slip or the boatyard space for back rent and ends up with a derelict boat to dispose of, they simply want to make the problem go away quietly and ASAP. And they'd rather give it to you for a pittance (or free) rather than pay to have it hauled off and scrapped - they have to pay for the hazardous waste handling of the scrap if they put it into that system.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I need a 50-90 hp outboard for this boat from the looks of it. Any suggestions for brands with the best long term reliablity/minimal expense etc etc?

Im far far more familiar with sail boats than power boats.

Shrug

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Lee boards both sides and a lanteen rig. The fish will never hear you coming!

Reply to
cavelamb

Don't have to ask. That was good advice!

Reply to
cavelamb

This is going to require me fitting the one roller exactly to the keel. I need to cut the other two off and reweld them so they mate up parallel to the boat's bottom. I can measure and measure and measure, but I know I could never get it exactly right. I just have to jack the boat up 2" to get in there and do it. But, after I do cut the stuff I will have to lower the boat and make sure it fits before final weld out. Will inspect the trailer on the pre-work launch/recovery for any additional places that I need to fix or reinforce. May have to do some mirror welding, and haven't done any of that in a while, but it comes back fast. The lake is about 10 miles away, and I don't just want to leave the boat there, run home, run back, and so forth as many times as it takes.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Caveat: Try to find one with a working tilt unit.

Don't ask.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Thanks guys...Ill start haunting the boat yards and marinas

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And Craigslist...

Reply to