Any good metalworking forums?

Unmoderated newsgroups like this get out of control so I'm wondering what else is out there.
I like eng-tips, even though it's very commercial and "promoting,
selling, recruiting and student posting are not allowed in the forums." They have a Metal and Metallurgy Engineering forum at http://tinyurl.com/77h27eu and a Welding, Bonding & Fastener Engineering forum at http://tinyurl.com/7anoxjy
Doityourself.com has a Welding and Metalworking forum at http://tinyurl.com/7zrolg3
Anything else?
Barry wrote:

Here's a couple for ya http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/index.php http://hobby-machinist.com/index.php http://www.chaski.com/homemachinist / and http://www.practicalmachinist.com/
--
Snag
Learning keeps

http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums /
No hawke & one screwdriver to spout all their idiotic political crap.
    Alan
This group wasn't always like it is currently.
When I complain, several of you simply chew me out for not simply filtering the OT stuff out. But I have no way to do that. And, when you talk about filtering, it just gives the impolite ones free reign to do all they can to kill the newsgroup.
I'm afraid to mention my other connections, for fear the bad guys will simply go there and screw them up, too.
Please, please stop the OT and political ranting here. Do it on your facebook account or something, Pete Stanaitis ---------------

And to add to Pete's comments - please stop cross-posting to the survivalist / political & gun groups. Thats where a heap of the ignorant nutbags seem to come from, they have almost trashed this one very on topic group.
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:30:11 -0600, Pete S wrote:

Filtering,or not, has nothing to do with it. Nor is it your fault that your honest post about this problem - will likely result in a flood of what you despise. IMO, people behave badly because it is in _their_ character.
Like you, I would like to see "civilization" return to usenet, but I think it's far too late for that. Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.

It's become the playground for psychopaths and emotionally disturbed types who find it to be the ideal outlet for their pathological fantasies. In real life they'd be shouted down, shunned, punched out, or otherwise dismissed. Here, they can indulge themselves while remaining anonymous.
Just guessing here, but it seems to me that, as a percentage of the population, Usenet has attracted a proportion of those folks that is at least 10X, and maybe 100X, their incidence in the population at large.
And I agree that it's too late to change it.
--
Ed Huntress

Try the South Bay metalworking group. They are mostly silicon valley EE's who do metalworking as a hobby. They have a club which has monthly meetings with show and tell. There is not much activity on the group but they are receptive to legitimate questions and have a fair amount of know- how.
Engineman

Yep, I've seen a couple of good Yahoo groups with specific information from dedicated enthusiasts sharing what they know, very helpful.
--
WB