Anyone have spares for Elliot Sturdimill?

I've just taken delivery of a Sturdimill 1250, but it arrived without a few
bits, namely the 39T spur gear to drive the vertical head, the draw bar for
the vertical head (the vertical attachment rather than the vertical head
with a quill), the axis drive handle, the horizontal arbour and arbour
supports. I have been quoted more than I paid for the mill for the spur gear
and cannot obtain any of the other parts (from Gate machinery). I
desperately need the handle and the spur gear, I can make a draw bar and can
live without the horizontal parts for now. Anyone have spares or know of
someone who does (preferably in the UK)?
Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow
I've never seen a Sturdimill, but a question comes to mind. How special *is* that gear? Can you find one from somewhere else, and modify it a little? Perhaps bore the hub to the right size, and then broach a keyway as needed?
If it is strange enough -- perhaps concentrate on getting the arbor and other parts for the horizontal part, get (or borrow) an index/dividing head, get right form cutters for the teeth (or grind your own for single-point cutting), and make your own gear. Take light enough cuts and work close enough to the spindle nose and you can get away without the arbor supports for this task.
As for the handle -- can you not make something to allow you to use the machine to help make its own repair parts?
Good Luck, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IF YOU FINDONE COULD YOU PLESE LET ME KNOW WERE I CAN GET ONE FROM
Reply to
COSI
hello Martin are you still working with sturdy mill i know this is a old mail thanks sam ahory5@hotmail .co.uk
Reply to
sam
hello cosi i have sturdy mill need to know how to adjust clutch
Reply to
sam