Anyone know about vacuum rating?

I tried to learn the detail that electrical engineers don't get in school. Much of it is easily available in application notes IF you first know you need them. I found no central index to all electronic wisdom.

In Chemistry we took a semester class on how to hunt down practical details.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That they do. But they're SOOOOOOO easy to fiddle with, y'know?

I truly love engineers, giving me so many neat things to play with.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If it helps and you want to calculate it yourself --

See section 3.3 on calcs for tubes.

Reply to
guillemd53228

Well, at least you know how to make PVC bows without a vise or torch now.

What kind of CFM are you running during cutting, anyway? Why do you need so much?

That might have been interesting, wot?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I found that the Dean of Coleman College (now University) was right. What they taught there was simply the _language_ of electronics and I had to learn a whole lot more to become any good. Unfortunately, I changed careers once again after only 3 years (corporate takeover and I bailed with small parachute), so my electronics technician training quickly disappeared before I became fully competent and comfortable in the field. I didn't get much past 2nd Louie myself. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Larry, a large table like that, running porous work like particle board parts, might simply 'leak' a couple of hundred cfm. And that's with 'best effort' at taping edges, covering up recent cut lines, etc.

A LOT of air sneaks through paths not intended. That's why there's a 20HP FPZ regenerative blower on 'just' a 4x8 table.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks. I hadn't known just how leaky they were.

Reply to
Larry Jaques