Stainless and aluminum

Were the metals of choice today . I've been modifying parts for a SB install in a 1957 Chevy for a friend (he restores cars for a living) . They want to use the old front stud motor mounts with a modern bracketry set up for alternator , A/C , etc and the parts needed some machining . So I shortened four spacers to accomodate the mount plates , modified a SS bolt head to clear the mount spacers , and milled a semi-circular relief in one of the brackets . Oh , also made a pair of SS spacers for the mount studs because of the other changes . A nice little job that made beer money ... and good will . The guy that owns the car runs the semi-local drag strip , and tons of people are going to see our work . Might get both my friend and I some more work ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs