Are these machines a good deal? (lathe and mill)

A lathe and a mill have come up for sale on the local (Albuquerque) craigslist. The mill is a Rong-Fu RF-30 with some mods ; the lathe is a

10x30 Rockwell . The asking price is $950 each. I may be interested in one or the other, but don't really know anything about these models, what they may be worth, which would provide the most versatility, which would be easiest to find parts and tooling for, etc. I'm hoping some of the rcm machine experts can provide some advice.

Thanks. Bert

Reply to
Bert

The Rong-Fu is sold through several outlets,

is the most common.
prices run $1050 and up depending on options. The power feed is a nice plus, the DRO is a nice plus, the vice is a nice plus. I'd consider the price to be in the "reasonable" but not the "great buy" range.

These units are fine for hobbist use, have plenty of power to run decent sized cutters, table is a bit small. big downside is that if you need more spindle clearance, you lose the indexing to the table. On a Bridgeport with a knee, you just lower the table, swap drills, elevate and away you go.

The Rockwell lathe looks like a decent deal, it's a good lathe, the quickchange gearbox is a st> A lathe and a mill have come up for sale on the local (Albuquerque)

Reply to
RoyJ

you should list this on

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
jcook1

WTF? You're a spammer troll?

Reply to
xray

it is his website

Reply to
Ignoramus15692

So it is spam. The completely pointless part is that no one in this thread was listing anything. It was a question about a listing somewhere else.

So, I reiterate... WTF?

Reply to
xray

Thanks for the info, Roy. I hope to take a look at them soon. If one of them looks to be in good shape, maybe I'll offer a couple hundred less than the asking price and see what happens...

Bert

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Bert

Two comments: Make sure the mill is going to do what you want, make sure the lathe is not clapped out. You might get both of them to follow you home, you will have the start of decent machining capability.

I hate to menti> Thanks for the info, Roy. I hope to take a look at them soon. If one

Reply to
RoyJ