Barrett rifles in CA?

Interesting link.

I was unaware that our government supplied them to AQ btw.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You should know that the guy who runs thegunzone.com has, well, let's just say his idea of a cite to back up his site's comments, are to cite his site's comments.

I'd look for someone other than Dean to say that before I believed it. Ask him for a cite, see what he provides. If past history follows, it'll be a link to his own statements.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

We used to ship arms to IRAQ - to hold back IRAN. But it was part of the cold war - the Soviets were IRAQ then switched to IRAN when we did the reverse. Things changed after a few years of more issues.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

We shipped a few to the Mojahadeen. Along with several thousand Stinger Anti-Aircraft missiles, which they used to knock down Soviet helicopters quite handily. A number of the Stingers are still missing btw, though the US made a very concerted effort to buy most of them back after the war.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Right, but are barrett's claims about that city accurate?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

If you mean about LA . Yes they are true. The rifle he writes about has since been retrieved by the LA Police, un-repaired. Ronnie has also wrote that he will not do business with any govt. agency in CA while this unconstitutional law is in effect.

Reply to
Steve W.

Maybe some of the pin-heads will see the light. I doubt it though.

Too bad about the folks who worked for the city (and state) who relied on those firearms.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I am pretty liberal. But it seems to me that the 2nd ammendment does allow ownership of this particular rifle. I support ALL the ammendments. That said, I still think CA is nuts. Especially since these types of weapons are not likely to be purchased by the typical person who would use a gun or rifle in a crime. And if someone was truly bent on sniping at people there are lots of ways this type of rifle could be purchased. I have a customer who placed top a couple times in the last couple years shooting a 50 caliber custom rifle at

1000 yards. He and his other competitors certainly have no trouble buying their big fancy guns. ERS
Reply to
Eric R Snow

first we get the mean loooking guns banned [AKA assault rifles] then we get the big guns banned ... first 0.500 the 0.490, etc. then we get the small guns banned ... for an Amerika as safe as Australia and England

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Gunner puts me at 'slightly to the right of kennedy' on his liberalometer. The fact that I enjoy shooting is sort of immaterial on this barrett issue - it just seems dumb to me that LA should purchase the tools from this guy, and then turn around and villify him for political brownie points.

He's right to tell them to get stuffed, IMO.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

1 Atta Boy goes to Barrett for his stance on that. And I hope the LA DA perse^H^H^H^Hrosecutes the council members for their illegal possession of the gun. Instant karma, wot?
Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't feel bad for them at all. It was the LA police chief and thier officers who pushed for the ban and were interviewed about how "bad" these guns are. Real dumb to bite the hand that feeds you. I don't think any of them will see the light, The LA chief has been asked repeatedly about it and he states that the law is a "good thing because it will keep these destructive rifles out of the hands of terrorists". The problem is terrorists don't use them. They tend to use AKs and other already illegal FULL-AUTO weapons. Those have been covered by federal law since the 60s. And by other laws since the 30s.

The things I really love it the crap about how the .50 can be used to shoot down airplanes. They then bring out some armor and show just how "bad" the .50 is without mentioning that a 22 can penetrate the aluminum skin on a plane. Or the fact that they would have to hit an engine or kill the flight crew to actually cause a problem. Even then the plane can still fly and land because of the redundant systems.

Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.

Sorry, that should have been 'left' there.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

About LA? Yes, indeed. Very accurate.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Joe or JFK? Yu are way to the right of Teddy the K.

Welcome to Liberal Politics.

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
machineman

There is no requirement that brains be checked at the door. I prefer to think this is an example of stupid politics rather than liberal politics. Sounds to me like the cheif was handed a 'script' and told that his job depended on how convincingly he read the lines.

A more ethical person would have tossed the script in the trash.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

So what happened to all the self loaders, the lever actions and the pump guns? And the handguns?

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism

Reply to
Gunner

jim rozen wrote: : Interesting link.

:

: I was unaware that our government supplied them to AQ btw. --Well the good news there is that it's been out-evolved by the new 20mm rifles, heh.

Reply to
steamer

For now, until the next nutcase shoots some more kids with a old Stevens .22RF singleshot.

Then watch those get turned over and turned to rebar just like the pump and autoloaders were- and no more of those nasty rifles out there to hurt people. Then everyone would be safe.

Whoops!

I'd then watch out for a 'pointed stick' licensing scheme.

Too bad, leaves more of these

For us non-Australian and Californians to buy.

** mike **
Reply to
mike