Barrett rifles in CA?

Interesting link.
<http://www.thegunzone.com/shot/barrett.html
I was unaware that our government supplied them to AQ btw.
Jim
please reply to:

You should know that the guy who runs thegunzone.com has, well, let's just say his idea of a cite to back up his site's comments, are to cite his site's comments.

I'd look for someone other than Dean to say that before I believed it. Ask him for a cite, see what he provides. If past history follows, it'll be a link to his own statements.
jim rozen wrote:

We used to ship arms to IRAQ - to hold back IRAN. But it was part of the cold war - the Soviets were IRAQ then switched to IRAN when we did the reverse. Things changed after a few years of more issues.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn

We shipped a few to the Mojahadeen. Along with several thousand Stinger Anti-Aircraft missiles, which they used to knock down Soviet helicopters quite handily. A number of the Stingers are still missing btw, though the US made a very concerted effort to buy most of them back after the war.
Gunner
Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Right, but are barrett's claims about that city accurate?
Jim
please reply to:

If you mean about LA . Yes they are true. The rifle he writes about has since been retrieved by the LA Police, un-repaired. Ronnie has also wrote that he will not do business with any govt. agency in CA while this unconstitutional law is in effect.
-

Maybe some of the pin-heads will see the light. I doubt it though.
Too bad about the folks who worked for the city (and state) who relied on those firearms.
Jim
please reply to:

I am pretty liberal. But it seems to me that the 2nd ammendment does allow ownership of this particular rifle. I support ALL the ammendments. That said, I still think CA is nuts. Especially since these types of weapons are not likely to be purchased by the typical person who would use a gun or rifle in a crime. And if someone was truly bent on sniping at people there are lots of ways this type of rifle could be purchased. I have a customer who placed top a couple times in the last couple years shooting a 50 caliber custom rifle at 1000 yards. He and his other competitors certainly have no trouble buying their big fancy guns. ERS
<snip>

<snip> first we get the mean loooking guns banned [AKA assault rifles] then we get the big guns banned ... first 0.500 the 0.490, etc. then we get the small guns banned ... for an Amerika as safe as Australia and England

................. except I don't have any problems getting bolt action rifles here in Australia. Ooooops, there's that ignorance factor again.
PDW
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:39:49 +0100, Peter Wiley

So what happened to all the self loaders, the lever actions and the pump guns? And the handguns?
"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism
Peter Wiley wrote:

For now, until the next nutcase shoots some more kids with a old Stevens .22RF singleshot.
Then watch those get turned over and turned to rebar just like the pump and autoloaders were- and no more of those nasty rifles out there to hurt people. Then everyone would be safe.
Whoops!
I'd then watch out for a 'pointed stick' licensing scheme.
Too bad, leaves more of these http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm
For us non-Australian and Californians to buy.
** mike **
http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_95.htm
Is my toy...
Sits next to 3 ARs, 1 Mini-14, one Rem 700 in 30.06, 1 Rem X in .308 1 Century G3 clone. (nice gun so far), 1 Rem 597, 1 Ruger 10-22 with all the toys 3 Garands (one original all numbers matching ,2 shooters) and a few different Mausers. 2 SKS and two AK clones. Plus a few handguns and other accessories. Plus at least 500 rounds for each.
--
Steve W.

"mike" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Not bad for an amateur.
Gunner
Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
.

all
for
That is just the ones stored in the bedroom locker.... Plan on going out for some more range play tomorrow. Have some old ammo that I want to reload...
Steve W.
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh, he'd have become a vegan.
-

typical
again.
And I have no problems buying ANY firearm type in the US. NO restrictions in action type. Ignorance isn't a factor, Truth is however.
-
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:39:49 +0100, Peter Wiley wrote:

Not in Victoria I hope, th elatest proposal there is to ban an rifle, of any sort that *potentially* could take a large magazine. This would include the venerable Lee Enfield, of which there are a few left in Oz. As I understand the rules there now, you also can't own a gun unless you have somewhere to shoot it, with written owners permission when you get your license. Can't just have a gun to go shooting with mates or on a farmers land. I could earn more money in Oz than here, but it is one of the main reasons I am staying in New Zealand with my un-PC collection of baby-killers. Geoff
On 30 Jul 2005 05:03:13 -0500, Geoff M

As I recall..silencers are legal in NZ too.
Gunner
Fortunately these days I live in Tasmania. I could tell you some of the loopholes in the laws here, but why bother...
Broadly correct about needing a place to shoot, tho a rifle range will do provided you do 6 (IIRC) attendances per year. I think the laws are stupid and completely unproductive but when has that ever deterred politicians? If it doesn't work, you double the dose and try again. Since I own a 600 acre property I'm relatively unaffected regardless.
Gunner, some 200K AK-type guns alone were imported into Australia by one distributor. There were a total of approx 500K firearms of all types surrendered, mostly shotguns & 22RF semiautos. Certainly nothing like 200K AK-type semiautos surrendered, leaving aside all those other seimauto Rugers and the like. Not real hard to do the math and come to the conclusion that there's a hell of a lot of firearms unaccounted for. Real sad, that.
As to the poster who said he could own anything he liked - you can't. You can own a wider range of firearms without restriction, but that's not the same thing. And that's the end of my interest in this thread.
PDW

Gunner puts me at 'slightly to the right of kennedy' on his liberalometer. The fact that I enjoy shooting is sort of immaterial on this barrett issue - it just seems dumb to me that LA should purchase the tools from this guy, and then turn around and villify him for political brownie points.
He's right to tell them to get stuffed, IMO.
Jim
please reply to: