Barrett rifles in CA?

................. except I don't have any problems getting bolt action rifles here in Australia. Ooooops, there's that ignorance factor again.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley

typical

And I have no problems buying ANY firearm type in the US. NO restrictions in action type. Ignorance isn't a factor, Truth is however.

Reply to
Steve W.

Is my toy...

Sits next to 3 ARs, 1 Mini-14, one Rem 700 in 30.06, 1 Rem X in .308

1 Century G3 clone. (nice gun so far), 1 Rem 597, 1 Ruger 10-22 with all the toys 3 Garands (one original all numbers matching ,2 shooters) and a few different Mausers. 2 SKS and two AK clones. Plus a few handguns and other accessories. Plus at least 500 rounds for each.
Reply to
Steve W.

Not bad for an amateur.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

Which have been illegal since 1968

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner
.

That is just the ones stored in the bedroom locker.... Plan on going out for some more range play tomorrow. Have some old ammo that I want to reload...

Steve W.

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh, he'd have become a vegan.

Reply to
Steve W.

Not in Victoria I hope, th elatest proposal there is to ban an rifle, of any sort that *potentially* could take a large magazine. This would include the venerable Lee Enfield, of which there are a few left in Oz. As I understand the rules there now, you also can't own a gun unless you have somewhere to shoot it, with written owners permission when you get your license. Can't just have a gun to go shooting with mates or on a farmers land. I could earn more money in Oz than here, but it is one of the main reasons I am staying in New Zealand with my un-PC collection of baby-killers. Geoff

Reply to
Geoff M

As I recall..silencers are legal in NZ too.

Gunner

Gunner

Fortunately these days I live in Tasmania. I could tell you some of the loopholes in the laws here, but why bother...

Broadly correct about needing a place to shoot, tho a rifle range will do provided you do 6 (IIRC) attendances per year. I think the laws are stupid and completely unproductive but when has that ever deterred politicians? If it doesn't work, you double the dose and try again. Since I own a 600 acre property I'm relatively unaffected regardless.

Gunner, some 200K AK-type guns alone were imported into Australia by one distributor. There were a total of approx 500K firearms of all types surrendered, mostly shotguns & 22RF semiautos. Certainly nothing like 200K AK-type semiautos surrendered, leaving aside all those other seimauto Rugers and the like. Not real hard to do the math and come to the conclusion that there's a hell of a lot of firearms unaccounted for. Real sad, that.

As to the poster who said he could own anything he liked - you can't. You can own a wider range of firearms without restriction, but that's not the same thing. And that's the end of my interest in this thread.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley