battery spotwelder

Didn't see a mention of Unitek. It is (or was) a company that made precision capacitor discharge welders for smallish work. They used to be common tools in physics labs for welding wires and foils made of refractory metals. I think they were probably developed to assemble vacuum tube internals.

Don't know if you could still find one, but it seems to me it'd be close to ideal for welding directly to battery cells.

HTH,

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska

Didn't see a mention of Unitek. It is (or was) a company that made precision capacitor discharge welders for smallish work. They used to be common tools in physics labs for welding wires and foils made of refractory metals. I think they were probably developed to assemble vacuum tube internals.

Don't know if you could still find one, but it seems to me it'd be close to ideal for welding directly to battery cells.

HTH,

bob prohaska

------------------------- Battery tab spotwelders start at around $30 on Amazon.

I will build something I might be able to buy for the engineering and troubleshooting experience. That's part of how I advanced from assembler to machine designer, and technician to circuit designer.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

<snip>

Took a look at the two remaining Energizer AAA batteries from the HF Flash/Utility light and they have "Made in USA" on them. The Duracell's of late have "Made in China". Some older Duracell I still had on the bench were "Made in USA". So not that simple of an explanation...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Jewelers also use capacitor discharge welders.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

A *steel* bucket.... A famous DC hardware store had a outdoor sand ashtray bucket that was plastic.

The store burned down.....

Reply to
David Lesher

A *steel* bucket.... A famous DC hardware store had a outdoor sand ashtray bucket that was plastic.

The store burned down.....

A requirement here for wood stoves is a steel bucket with a lid for the hot ashes. Holding a carbon monoxide detector over it (outdoors) is a quick way to test that the detector works.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins