Bearing Noise Bronze Oilite Growling Chatter Rattle

The heavy duty versions were used for the AP & UPI news wires, as well as by the military news wires. We replaced a pair of Kleinschmidt printers at the AFRTS Radio & TV station at Ft. greely with them. We got a side benefit. You no longer heard them on air.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I fixed my share of ASR33's. Kept clean and lubricated once a month, they would last far longer than that.

They weren't the most elegant piece of equipment but they did the job and most of my customers could not afford anything better.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

From a 1968 ASR33 manual:

LUBRICATION INTERVAL IN WEEKS BASED ON 5-DAY WEEK ..... SPEED 0-8 HRS 8-16 HRS 16-24 HRS

60 WPM 39 26 13 100WPM 26 13 6

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I worked for DEC field service in the early

70's. All of my contract maintenance customers were using ASR33's and they all got a monthly PM that included lubrication.
Reply to
Jim Stewart