Bench Grinder for Machinists

Finally Santa is here for machinists
www.tradesmangrinder.com

jeff toycen wrote:

The Santa I know doesn't have pockets that deep . $1100 for a grinder ? Really ?
--
Snag

On 16-Dec-15 11:35 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

They look almost surgical in nature with prices to match!
http://tradesmangrinder.com/price-list/

Don't forget the $235ea price for wheels. $1570 + s/h. <thud> And I thought Tormek was high...
--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
On 16/12/15 14:54, Larry Jaques wrote:

Having seen the remains of a failed Tormek I was surprised at the price but the couple of wood workers I know that have them said they are good and that the price was in the quality of the wheels not the mechanicals. The one that failed basically had the chrome go on the steel shaft and it chewed its way through the plastic tophat bushes in the side plates. I noted on the spares page for them that the replacement shaft are stainless so maybe the chrome failure was a common problem with them.

The tormek stuff isn't perfect, but it is a nice system and it does everything they claim. It's not a replacement for a regular bench grinder though.

For that kind of money why didn't you copy the Baldor 500 pattern instead of a plain freehand bench grinder?