Berg sidecutters

Does any one know whether the cutting edges on Berg side cutters are hardened right through so can be ground when worn?

Reply to
F Murtz

For small clippers used for soft wire, I use a small diamond hone to clean up divots from bozos using them on hard wire and to get the jaws so they meet properly. You can usually do this once or twice with those small ones, then you run into problems with handle stops. If you're talking about proper electrician's side cutters, my dad used to grind those to save money, I've got a set I inherited where the ends of the handles meet. Will still chew off #12 wire, not my first choice of tool for it, though.

Stan

Reply to
stans4