Beryllium copper spring strip - need source

I'm looking for a source of Beryllium copper flat spring metal strip to repair a broken toaster oven electrical contact with. It needs to be about .012" thick by 1/4" wide ( or a flat sheet will do ). Web searches only seem to turn up manufacturers. Post reply or email. Thanks.

Reply to
WKW

With shipping, slightly less than a new toaster oven!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Reply to
Mark F

Buy a cheap hot plate at the thrift store. Use/modify/canabalize the t-stat. JR Dweller in the cellar

WKW wrote:

Reply to
JR North

BeCu for a toaster oven? I use brass sheet from the hobby store for electrical repairs. A shorter lifespan doesn't matter much if the part is easy to make.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

BeCu for a toaster oven? I use brass sheet from the hobby store for electrical repairs. A shorter lifespan doesn't matter much if the part is easy to make.

I was thinking the same thing. Why use BeCu when something else that's easier and cheaper to acquire would also work? I would be skeptical if the original part was even made out of BeCU.

Reply to
P D Fritz

Or just get another from the thrift store for $5. Unless you're dead, your time's worth something and spending hours chasing down bits for fixing cheap appliances doesn't meet MY criteria for cost- effectiveness. Yeah, it's giving in to the throw-away society and all, but they aren't making things to be easily repaired anymore.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Strip it out of an old relay. ...or as others have suggested, go to the thrift store and buy yourself another $5.00 toaster.

Just a reminder: Do not grind, machine, or polish anything that you suspect may contain even a small percentage of beryllium. I have seen Chronic Beryllium Disease and it is not pretty.

Reply to
Vaughn Simon