Beryllium copper spring strip - need source

I'm looking for a source of Beryllium copper flat spring metal strip to
repair a broken toaster oven electrical contact with. It needs to be about
.012" thick by 1/4" wide ( or a flat sheet will do ). Web searches only
seem to turn up manufacturers. Post reply or email. Thanks.
Reply to
WKW
With shipping, slightly less than a new toaster oven!
Reply to
Don Foreman
I bought some serrated stuff used for RFI "sealing' from one of the Silicon Valley electronic places, perhaps allelectronics, seems to me they were somewhat into robotics at the time. May have been the shop that vanished when the rent got mucked around. Was a long time ago. Check the usuals bgmicro, allelectronics etc. /mark

Reply to
Mark F
Buy a cheap hot plate at the thrift store. Use/modify/canabalize the t-stat. JR Dweller in the cellar
WKW wrote:
Reply to
JR North
BeCu for a toaster oven? I use brass sheet from the hobby store for electrical repairs. A shorter lifespan doesn't matter much if the part is easy to make.
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
BeCu for a toaster oven? I use brass sheet from the hobby store for electrical repairs. A shorter lifespan doesn't matter much if the part is easy to make.
I was thinking the same thing. Why use BeCu when something else that's easier and cheaper to acquire would also work? I would be skeptical if the original part was even made out of BeCU.
Reply to
P D Fritz
Or just get another from the thrift store for $5. Unless you're dead, your time's worth something and spending hours chasing down bits for fixing cheap appliances doesn't meet MY criteria for cost- effectiveness. Yeah, it's giving in to the throw-away society and all, but they aren't making things to be easily repaired anymore.
Stan
Reply to
stans4
Strip it out of an old relay. ...or as others have suggested, go to the thrift store and buy yourself another $5.00 toaster.
Just a reminder: Do not grind, machine, or polish anything that you suspect may contain even a small percentage of beryllium. I have seen Chronic Beryllium Disease and it is not pretty.
Reply to
Vaughn Simon