somewhat OT: - anyone a heater core expert - need to figure out what this fits

I figure that the probability is that someone on this NG can recognise this heater core - I want to get it to someone who can use it rather than have it be scrap metal.

I have a heater core that is from an older car or truck (I know that because it's all brass/copper, no o-rings, etc), it has G776 (or C776) cast into one of the two ports, heater hoses would be 3/4 inch ID.

It's aprox 11X7 inches, 2 inches thick. both hoses connect to one side, the other side has a sheet metal channel that looks like it would seat into the air distribution plenum. It has a distinct look, very much not like found on my 51 doge - it looks like it probably goes with a truck, but which one? The use of a brass casting to orient one of the connections and the general construction make this look liike WWII vintage - most cores I've seen have brass tubing extending some distance from them to penetrate the firewall, this has very short stub tubes for connecting the hoses.

If anyone thinks they might know what this fits, please drop me a note

- I can email a picture or two if that would help.

I have hollander's that go from the early 30s through the 70s, but apparently hollander's doesn't list heater cores, so that avenue of research is closed off, and I haven't found a suitable reference on the web (yet) either.

thanks Bill

to contact me, do not reply to this message, instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

***
Reply to
William B Noble (don't reply t

Sounds like a core for the under dash heater in a medium duty Ford truck from the 70's. The ones that were more or less a universal unit that you bolted in and connected up.

Reply to
Steve W.