anyone know what a Jabsco 2590 pump was used for?

I've put a jabsco 2590 pump on ebay (link below) for a friend - it's not a bronze bodied pump - I presume it was for coolant, but for what application - I figure I can get my frined more $ if I can say what application it was for - but the number is long obsolete and I can't find anything with dilligent searching of the web

here's the link

TIA

bill Bill

to contact me, do not reply to this message, instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

***
Reply to
William B Noble (don't reply t

For whatever you need... ;-P

Seriously - anything compatible with the body, impeller and seal materials - on a boat, either cooling water through a small engine, or pumping the used motor oil out during servicing, or pumping fresh sea water from a seacock fitting up and through the bait live-well to keep the bait fishies happy.

If it had a 12v electric motor mounted, it would make a good engine pre-oiler with a check valve on the output and a suction fitting on the oil pan of the engine.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman