Newbie-commisioning new SS trim for an old car

Hi all, i would like to commission a local metal fabricator to reproduce some gutter trim for an old car. Id like the trim to be about an inch and a quarter wide, polished and then formedto the right shape, which is a little like a letter 'J'

Am i likely to find some one who could do this? I don't mind purchasing more than one, to offset tooling costs...they are sought after in plastic, but stainless would last and look nicer.

I live near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England UK if by any chance someone on here is local to me!

Many thanks!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

it would be expensive but I am sure someone will be willing to do so. I would check with your local sheetmetal workers or machinist union hall they should be able to put you in touch with a local shop.

Reply to
digitalmaster

I would go to the metalshapers groups- best would be to find someone who actually works on your specific car, but if its something like a prewar english 12hp saloon, your chances of finding someone are reduced. try-

join up, and post a question about your specific needs. If there is anyone making it new, or any old stock around, these guys would know. If you need it made from scratch, chances are someone there would be able to do it.

Reply to
rniemi

there are shops that specialize in this - for example, GE metal restoration in Santa Ana - not terribly expensive either, presuming your car has some value

bill

Bill

to contact me, do not reply to this message, instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

***
Reply to
William B Noble (don't reply t