Best online US source for cutting tools

Hi, looking for a good USA based online source for good quality cutting tools like coated sub-micrograin solid carbide end mills, pre-ground carbide lathe bits, drills, boring heads, T-slot cutters, counterbores, polishing supplies and so on. Reasonable price is good, but need good quality, service and depth of stock.

I *don't* want to deal with McMaster-Carr for various reasons, one of which is that they almost always hide the real manufacturer and full specs, which I like to control, and I'd prefer something a little better than what I think KBC and Enco carry.

Any suggestions? We're in the process of equipping a couple of prototype shops so we will be needing a fair bit of that kind of stuff. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Enco was accquired by MSC, and I think J&L has been also. I've had good experience with both MSC and J&L, though my dealings with J&L were before they were accquired by MSC.

Reply to
Don Foreman

J&L Industrial.

Reply to
Ignoramus17370

is worth looking into.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

I like J&L. Same company as MSC and enco but they carry a bit better qualtiy line on several items. With a business name and account on file, they give

25% off on any order of five or more items if you ask for the discount.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Cool! Thanks for the tip. I can give J&L some business right away.

Lakeshore looks interesting too.

Thanks, guys.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I can tell you that most metalworking businesses in Chicagoland, whose liquidations I attended, buy a lot of cutting tools from J&L, and misc. doodads from McMaster.

Ignoramus17370

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:37:28 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

Sounds like a helluva deal! How are their prices? IE, does the 25% discount bring them in line with others selling the same brands?

-- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. --Jesse Lee Bennett

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nice to know, Karl. I had gotten 25% discounts before on "specials" but I didn't know they would give if just for the asking.

I like J&L. Same company as MSC and enco but they carry a bit better qualtiy line on several items. With a business name and account on file, they give

25% off on any order of five or more items if you ask for the discount.

karl

Reply to
Robert Swinney