Where's the EMCO-F1 CNC MILL Group Gone?

I've been posting messages to the Yahoo "Emco F1 CNC Mill" group for weeks now and there is no activity-- the messages don't get posted. And it isn't jsut me, there haven't been any new postings added at all. Does anybody here know why it has gone silent?

Thanks,

--Max

Reply to
Max Krippler

Some groups on yahoo have very low message rates. The scraping group for example.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I wonder if it was on full moderation and the moderator is MIA?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

The spammers seem to stop at nothing. I think yahoo is using capcha to stop them.

However the spammers are likely using third world types to get by that.

Wes

Wes

That's probably what's going on. I'm just hoping somebody here knows the guy and tells him to log in! And hopefully change his monitoring setting so he isn't the bottleneck anymore. I regularly use a Yahoo group specific to my line of work that is unmoderated-- and it is so much more useful to me and everyone else on there!

Except for the ego trip, I can't imag>Max Krippler wrote:

Reply to
Max Krippler

I can guarantee that if you run an un-moderated Yahoo group that gets ANY kind of public attention (and posting it's URL here qualifies for that) it'll be a SPAM dump in a matter of days.

For your sake I hope the fellow who runs the group hasn't had his profile removed (for what ever reason). If he has, he (and you) are screwed, there is NO way to get Yahoo to put someone else in charge of the group, trust me I've BTDT....

FWIW Yahoo is going through some major changes right now, it'll be interesting to see what rises from the ashes..

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

Yes, the very occasional spam would get through, but so what? That other specialty Yahoo group I often use delivers maybe two spams a month. For the usefulness of getting messages distributed quickly, everyone in the group agrees that it's worth it. It has been talked about on that forum at length. Yahoo does a decent enough job of filtering that when it does happen, spam isn't nearly the buggar it is in the email system at large.

--Max

Reply to
Max Krippler

I had another thought. If you signed up to have messages sent to your email then you have addresses of the list members. Use that to ask around.

If worse comes to worse, you could start a new group and use the emails to send invites.

Wes

Wes