Bison R-8 slitting saw arbor arrived

My Bison 1" R8 slitting saw arbor arrived today, and as always with Bison, it's a sight to behold. Each spacer is polished, along with the

1" shaft segment. Putting a saw on was a damn tight fit, it was either in-line, or it wasn't going to fit...

The end nut is a higher class of fit than you normally get on a 1" bolt, so much so that some small swarf in the threads barely larger than pencil eraser residue kept the nut from hand-tightening. After I cleaned the threads out, it threads on and off like satin...

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I bought a R-8 slitting saw arbor from wholesale tools. I was wondering how it accepted so many different id's but it was cheap and I bought it.

It had a bunch of interlocking popup centers that had so much runout that maybe two teeth on a blade got into the cut. I ended up carving out the popup centers and handed it to my uncle who made a .373 x .998" bushing to make it fit the slitting blade he wanted to use to slit the brass bushing he had made for his 1887 or so era lathes headstock.

Do you have a url for what you bought? I'm still in the market for a decent saw arbor.

Wes

Wes

Reply to
Wes