Bison rotary table

Just received my new bison 6 inch rotary table for the Maximat V10-p. Very nice, also very large. Fortunately, it is barely small enough to work. For example, the dividing disk fixture handle just clears the bed ways by about a quarter inch or so, and the rotary table itself pretty much exactly fits on the cross slide milling table front to back, though it does overhang on each side by over an inch. The cast in recesses at the front and back of the new toy should allow bolting to the cross slide table through holes I've yet to drill. I like the many bells and whistles: the worm easily disengages and Bison provides a nice small tommy bar to rotate the table by hand and a bunch of divisions that are engaged directly by a tapered pin mechanism so you don't have to get into any math for a number of scenarios. I've never owned a dividing head before, so I'm reading up on the theory of dividing plates. All in all, the picture of the new Bison 6 inch table in the New England Brass ad of the new Home Shop Machinist is pretty accurate. At about 45 pounds, however, it's just a good bit bigger and more massive than I'd suspected. With dividing plates, it cost about $550 but it's nicely finished. I also purchased a Bison live center with interchangeable points. I like Bison stuff. It seems a cut above the usual Asian things I've seen. The money for all of this came from the sale of my Ahha/ Sherline cnc set up. I wasn't using it and found someone up in Washington state who needs one. I try to post some pictures.

Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill