J-Head on Van Norman/Nichols MIll?

Has anybody put a full sized Bridgeport type milling head on a Van Norman #12 or a Nichols Hand Miller? If I put one on the Nichols the mill will be dedicated to that head, which will greatly simplify the installation. The Van Norman I would like to keep using in the traditional modes if possible, and I can't envision how that huge head could go on there and swing out of the way for horizontal milling, for example. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
ATP

Waynemak

I picked up some J-type heads. I probably should have just waited for the right vertical mill to come along. Sometimes I can't resist a project but don't always have time to finish it. Last night I made an auger extension for my posthole digger, for the purpose of stirring cesspools. Probably one of the more practical uses of my shop:-)

Reply to
ATP

You picked up some?? More than 1?

Reply to
Waynemak

4, two are pretty close to complete, the third is not too bad, but the fourth is for parts.
Reply to
ATP

Reply to
Waynemak