Blackening copper

No problem. I noticed that someone else knew the answer also. A very eclectic group, or that could be eccentric. Karl

thought...I'll

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Blacken-It. Available at better hobby shops or

sold in IIRC 4 oz bottles

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:18:17 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "The Davenport's" quickly quoth:

I recently ordered 4oz of Liver of Sulphur from

for $2.89. Minimum shipping is $7.98, so buy a few other goodies, too, to amortize costs.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Mike Berger

Heating metal in a nitrous oxide atmosphere doesn't sound to me like the greatest way to stay healthy and sound of limb...

That stuff has a tendency to go "kaboom" and/or encourage things to catch fire when exposed to high temps.

Reply to
Don Bruder

My mother liked them for art supplies. Karl

thought...I'll

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Go to a stained glass shop and ask them for black patina for copper. Follow the instructions... It is just that simple!

Reply to
Beto Zpravodajec

I know this is an old thread, but maybe you haven't done it yet.

You want liver of sulphur.

Abrasha

Abrasha