Blue Ridge Machinery model engines

I am thinking of purchasing one of the following models in ready machined form from Blue Ridge Machinery:

MODEL #2 Working Model Oscillating Steam Engine MODEL #3 Working Replica Stationary Steam Mill Engine

SOLAR #13 The Thinking Man's Engine Kit SOLAR #15 The Glassworks Kit

For anyone who has purchased any one of the above models can you please:

1) Rate Blue Ridge’s service before and after sales service? 2) Did they deliver as promised? 3) Did the model go together easily and work first time? 4) Were any parts missing? Did they dispatch the missing parts quickly? 5) Were the instructions any good?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Phillip Wu

I have had better results ordering these same exact engines directly from PMR. They do have a policy, that if you screw up a casting during machining they will send you a replacement casting free of charge, and continue to do so until you get it right. Thats hard to beat.

Two kits I had ordered from BRM seeme to have been opened and played with, prior to my getting them. One even appeared to have had machining started , then stopped and the kit returned, and resold. I won;t get into the other problems I had with BRM, as they are totally unrelated to your question,.but IMNSHO,I personally can't recomend BRM, as I have had nothing but headaches and promises whenever I ordered or bought anything from them and it was always a cheerfully taken order on the phone, but once the order was placed and weeks went by inquiries on the matter always resulted in a pass the buck attitude. I am sure others will have different experieinces with them, and this is only MY opinion on BRM. Its been close to 2 years since , and perhaps things may have changed there.

Great before, pityfull after

NOPE

Yes

Yes, NOPE, took weeks

Yes

-- Visit my website:

foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address

Reply to
Roy