bond brass torch knob

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off. Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be disassembled if needed?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Loctite (or other brand) thread locker. Get one of the semi-permenent ones, you can still remove it if you heat it to something like 400 degrees.

Reply to
Pete C.

Easiest thing would be to get a new valve from your friendly, neighborhood, Victor dealer.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

epoxy (aka JB-weld, etc) will hold it in place if you clean it first - to get it off, just heat

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble