Boston area Steel supplier

For the life of me, I cant find a decent steel supplier than carried sheet stock in the Boston area.

I'm after a few sheets of 18 and 22 gauge cold rolled steel (4X4 or 4x8 sheets)

After claling everyone in the phonebook, I yet to find someone reasonable. Right now, my best price quote is from onlinemetals.com which is pretty pathetic for something like steel.

Anyone have a source? I'll gladly pay cash to a shop to buy from their stock if that is an option.

Thanks,

Vin

Reply to
vlocci

On 10 May 2005 08:14:22 -0700, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake:

They may not carry sheet stock, but have you tried the local steel or metal salvage/recycling yards? You just might get lucky.

---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e)

Web Database Development =======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

yarde metals carries basic steel.

turner steel, don't use em but heard ok

port sheet metal in newburyport used to keep stuff around

any sheet metal house should have stuff, some of them are listed as doing heating sheet metal, but many of those may only have galvy

Reply to
yourname

try autobody supply shops

Reply to