Bought an interesting machine

Plenty of good stuff in it, I hope.

Ignoramus28291

Ignoramus28291 fired this volley in news:Xf2dnflEabBn-zbOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Cute. Except for parts, what good is it, except in a third-world country? (seriously)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It was used to seal products in packaging, like clamshell or whatever. I do not care to remarket this machine, it will be parted out and scrapped.

It has a hydraulic unit, four post hydraulic platen press, GE 90-30 controller, and probably plenty of gearmotors and other goodies.

Ignoramus28291

My friend, Terry in LoCal, is making a living building things like this for companies who are moving into automation. They're offloading large expense items like employees ( wages, larger benefits packages, time off, sick leave, maternity leave, work comp insurance, etc.) for the benefits of much lower cost of automation. Sad but true.

It seems to be the smaller companies, 20 or fewer employees, which are moving in this direction the most rapidly. Speed has probably increased in the 50+ sector, too, due to new insurance requirements of Obama's Affordable Care Tax. Uh, "Act".

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Soon, all mediocre people will be replaced by automatons.

Ignoramus21707