Brass bonding?

I have an old cigarette lighter I'm fixing. I made a "screw" from a brass dowel stock in my drill with a file. It's really just a peg right now. It's the right size and shape. Rather than buy a tap and die for a teeny screw, I figured I could just "solder" or "weld" or "glue" it. I have a tiny torch (butane pencil style). What would I bond these little pieces together with?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

Hi, I am a little confused... what 2 parts are you trying to join?

Small brass parts can be joined with your torch and silver solder... this is called brazing.

LB

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

Silver solder is what I'm wanting. Thanks.

Here is a link to the original parts:

I made a new "screw", unthreaded, to go into the "nut". The "nut" has a smaller end that goes into a hole in the lighter case. It is held in place by expansion form a hammer tap to the backside. The other end of the "nut" HAD a threaded hole in it for the original screw. The original screw broke off in it. Both are brass. I Dremeled out a new hole with the intention of rethreading it, and the new screw. But, then, it occurred to me that rather than ordering a teeny tap & die, that I would never use again, to just bond the two back together again. If it ever breaks again, I'll just buy another lighter and cannibalize the parts. Silly, huh?

Reply to
Jeepers