Brown & Sharpe #595 Height Gage

I've acquired a B & S height ga. It's in very good condition. Problem is: the collar and scribe are missing.
My local repair shop told me those parts are no longer available.
Does any one have the parts for sale or know where i can buy them?
Any help is appreciated. snipped-for-privacy@charter.net
"Ludwig P. Pietz" wrote:

Got a picture? Make some.
If you just want it to be original, well, that's another thing entirely. :-)
Cheers Trevor Jones
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:19:21 -0600, Trevor Jones

Indeed. Height gages are quite common and cheap these days, but few of them have the bits and pieces. So simply make your own bits. Its quite simple.

Restoration of machine tools and accessories. I wonder if there is a market for a JC Whitney type catalog of aftermarket restoration parts for things like this? <G>
Gunner
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Flea markets for mix-and-match. Depending on where you are, you might find tool collecting groups (Midwest Tool Collectors Association, Early American Industries Association, Southwest Tool Collectors Association, etc) that have nearby meetings. I've picked up many machinist tools at MWTCA events here in Minnesota, and there always seem to be a lot of parts around for the scrounging.
Pete (in St. Paul)
Ludwig P. Pietz wrote:

Some years ago I aquired a Starrett one with the same problem. The reference surface on mine is the flat top of an arm that sticks out. I made a collar and two scribes for it. Since one picture is worth a thousand words, I'll take some and post them to the drop box with a write up later today.
Ted
Ted Edwards wrote:

On checking, I find I already did. See <http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2003_retired-files/Height_gage.txt
Ted