"Business Funding" bubble/scam/insanity?

I have a small company (S corp) with a small number of employees. I have never had, or sought credit of any kind. All my financial information is completely private.

Yet, I am bombarded by offers of "business funding", "development loans" and so on. 1-2 such offers daily, always going to trash of course.

I have memories of the 2003-2008 housing bubble and I also remember being bombarded by offers of fantastical mortgages, such as "no income verification", "no interest paid until maturity" and so on. Incessant mortgage peddlers etc.

The current business funding nonsense has every semblance of the mortgage nonsense, except now businesses are the targets.

I am sitting in my little business bubble, trying to make money daily, but I am beginning to suspect that some certain economic absurdity is underway.

Has anyone noticed similar trends? Any idea how this business funding financial story is now working?

My own suspicion is that there is a very well financed "nonbank loan" industry that skirts banking regulations and yet is able to attract large amount of money from likely unwise investors.

Any comments?

Reply to
Ignoramus18636

"Ignoramus18636" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

The TV show "Shark Tank" is an example.

One of my tasks at [xyz] was impressing them with our progress. An hour's work raised $6 million.

The name originated in theatre where Angels are the main financers of new plays and musicals. The movie and musical "The Producers" is about a scheme to scam them with a show so bad no one will investigate the shenanigans behind its failure, but unfortunately it's a hit.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I've been getting these calls for years, so I don't think it's a particular ly recent trend. Some of them are very pushy, too. When I told one that I'v e been in business over thirty years and that my company is exactly the siz e I want it to be and that I NEVER buy anything that I can't pay for with c ash, his response was, "How do you ever expect to get ahead in the world wi th an attitude like that?" I hung up the phone.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Do you know any details of this, such as what exactly is behind this bubble, or are you just expressing a general opinion?

Ignoramus30734

So what's new? Big money people are always putting out fatally flawed scams.

I'm getting a couple credit card or biz fin letters in the mail weekly now, too--for the company I shut down 16 months ago. Rip, toss, and that's before I'm even back in the house from the mailbox.

And I keep telling my sister to hurry and pay off the last ten thou of her mortgage, because a second bubble is coming. (my WooWoo sense tells me)

-

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks

This article is typical meaningless dreck. I do not mean to say that to upset you, as such, but it is a typically poorly thought out market forecasting nonsense.

That's good. Future is notoriously hard to predict. As we get older life gets worse and not better.

Reply to
Ignoramus29760

It seemed to me that industrial auctions were better when the economy was down and I was unemployed, with time to attend them but little money to buy much.

What do you see?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Any serious economic dislocation would certainly be big business opportunity, as regrettable as it may be in general.

Ignoramus29760