Butt welding ends of 1/16" stainless wire

Yes, that is the normal response.

Most often expressed as the sort of destructive behavior for which we discipline two-year-olds and incarcerate teenagers for life.

In Industry, that arrogance and viciousness is considered admirable, for some unknown reason.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Dittoes, Don. Congrats on creating an environment where you and your fellow workers could thrive happily and be much more productive than the typical corporate mice.

Damn the cubicles. Full speed ahead!

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh yeah! I retired 12 years ago but I still see some of the crew now and then. Mary corresponds almost daily with Jan, the wife of one of "my guys".

Reply to
Don Foreman

That is the way it should be. Well done.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

They stuck you in a cubical? I had three 4' X 8' workbenches, multiple carts stacked high with test equipment, a stereo microscope on another cart, and industrial steel shelving loaded down with databooks. They didn't have a cubicle big enough for all my stuff. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a room 24' square, possibly the largest office at MITRE, but back by the boiler room like Dan Ackroyd's in Spies Like Us.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I had the left rear corner of the 200' * 200' building. I had more space than three of the engineering offices, combined. The boss told me he gave me that area because I was hard to get along with. I told him I didn't like the people who took too many smoke breaks, and goofed off when there was work to be done. They didn't like me because I generally completed over 200% more jobs per week. When they would complain I would tell them "I was hired to do a job, not win a popularity contest." :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell