Buying a small heat treat oven and Annealing oven

I stop in a shop today to look at some tooling, MT drills and reamers, some other odd MT stuff not that I need any more odd reamers. Anyhow I bought the lot just to get whats good out of it (hate sorting out 300 reamers) most seem sharp. The shop has a small gas heat treat oven and a small electric annealing oven for $25.00 each, I agreed to stop in next week with my truck to grab them (wouldn't fit in my small trunk on car) Not sure I will have much use for these but the price seems fair. He is also thinking about selling a GOOD lucking Bridgeport for a good price, so if anyone here is looking for a mill I can do a close look for someone. The mill is in CT

Reply to
Waynemak

Look'n for the ovens myself.....don't know what shipping would be, but if ya don't need both of them, send me a line off group will kick in a few bucks for your trouble if needed.

cheers John

Reply to
CAMCOMPCO

Waynemak,

What shop was this and where? I'm in RI.

Eide

Reply to
Eide

The thing that spooks me on used ovens is wondering if there is any asbestos. I'm not really worried about asbestos, but I'm concerned about ending up with something I have to pay 10-100 times as much to get rid of as I paid to get. It'd be kind of like buying an old transformer full of PCB's.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Reply to
Waynemak

Exactly. I hauled a heavy one home once, was supposed to work perfectly, measured resistance there, got the correct reading, hauled it home (HEAVY) and plugged it in, started heating and PXXT the element broke. Somewhere inside the ceramic thick walls of the thing. I gave up on it, and decided to tear it down for the metal. Asbestos city. Yuck. I bagged it all up dutifully and did the right thing with it, but asbestos sucks. The top to that old heat treating oven is now the backstop to this plinking target:

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

A "good lucking Bridgeport"? Is that like: "You want that Bridgeport? Good Luck!" ? Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt